Due to increasing work volumes our clients are looking to recruit a further Administrative Assistant to join their friendly team.
This is a varied role requiring supplier liaison, data entry, customer correspondence, providing quotations for instructions, arranging appointments and issuing reports.
We are looking for candidates with good computer skills, who are an effective communicator, who are happy to task share and can remain calm under pressure whilst observing deadlines.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Manager and play an important role in the smooth running of day-to-day operations. There is the potential for the role to be developed to include additional responsibilities and the right candidate may progress to management of the main diary system or report preparation.
Previous experience in a similar role, database familiarity, customer service experience and a basic geographical knowledge of the South East and Midlands areas would also be advantageous.
- Respond to customer and supplier queries via telephone & email in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor the company database and supplier portals for new work instructions
- Provide quotations
- Forward queries to the relevant person and track the responses
- Issue reports
- Confirm appointments and update diaries
Ad Hoc Responsibilities
- Type reports and make necessary amendments
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Assist with the upkeep of the office
- Various ad hoc activities as directed by senior staff
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills
- Competent in the use of databases, MS Word and Outlook
- A Good understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the ability to handle confidential information in accordance with legislative requirements and Company policy
- A process driven approach
- Confidence in liaising with clients and customers
- Effective communication skills
- Happy to work as part of a team (this role involves task and information sharing)
- The ability to manage own workload
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help out where needed
- A professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Audio typing skills
- Diary management skills (we are currently booking for a team of 20 )
- Competent in the use of MS Excel
- Document formatting skills (using MS Word and Adobe)
Benefits / Other information
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Free onsite parking
- In-house training provided
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- The opportunity to undertake paid overtime where work volumes permit
37.5 per week, typically based upon 7.5 hours per day. Hours are either:-
9-5pm, 9.30-5.30pm,10.00-6pm or 10.30 to 6.30pm. ( working one late per week , ether 6.00pm or 6.30pm ideally)
£22,000 – £24,000 depending upon skills and experience