A leading business in Wokingham is looking to recruit a mid-weight Systems Support & Data Analyst to join their existing IT team of 3.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the business across the IT estate, with particular focus on data management and analysis.
You will be responsible for maintaining the data warehouse/BI system, including developing new features and data streams to enhance business reporting. You’ll also deal with data issues as they arrive via helpdesk, ensuring users are kept informed of system developments, availability and capacity whilst rectifying the issues.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide proactive second line support to stakeholders within the business
- Assist the sourcing/development and implementation of new software and hardware
- To contribute to the maintenance of all IT equipment
- Assist maintaining and developing the data warehouse and various other data driven projects
- Maintain SSIS packages ensuring the smooth transition of data between systems
- Assist upgrading in-house systems
- Problem solve issues where no immediate solution can be found
- Develop and maintain SAP BI, Crystal and SSRS reports
- Drive continuous improvement within internal IT, reviewing and streamlining processes
- Creating and adding to internal documentation
Required skill set;
- Strong knowledge of windows infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of best practice in IT system implementation and operation
- Works well with a wide range of stakeholders
- Commercially minded, with an eye for detail
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Hands on experience with the following applications desired: SQL Server, Crystal Reports, SSIS, SRRS and Visual Studio
- A good understanding of data warehouse designs and implementation including ETL solutions
- Problem solving
- Basic C# understanding desired but not required
- At least 2 years experience in an IT related role
Salary up to £30k (negotiable) the role offers working from home on Monday’s and Friday’s and office based Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday’s.
Hours are 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, 25 days holiday, free parking + other benefits.