A leading small family run business based in Wargrave is looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor to join their team.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the planning and management of all collections and deliveries working closely with a team of part time/ad hoc contractors. You will also have overall responsibility for the management of the Warehouse and the equipment within it.
- Ensuring that the client is compliant with all relevant H&S regulations/guidelines
- Work closely with Office Admin to ensure that all collections and deliveries are accurately scheduled, teams briefed and managed accordingly and clients are satisfied.
- Making sure you know what stock/items are in the warehouse, where it is, where it needs to eventually be delivered to and when
- Making sure each item gets to its destination within the proposed time frame
- Managing and extracting reports for collections and deliveries
- Production of all documentation
- Working with admin team to source casual staff, drivers etc
- Ensuring the warehouse is effectively managed including ensuring that there is enough cleared space in the warehouse at all times to accommodate peak times
- Stock control and racking
- Checking all equipment used for collections/re deliveries is in good working order
- During peak times you may be required to drive to sites to assist with collections/deliveries
- Moving stock, loading vans etc (You must be physically fit – although not particularly heavy, there is a lot of lifting/moving involved)
- Use the Forklift to move and load stock
- Ensure electronic filing system is well managed.
Key skills/Experience required:
- FULL CLEAN UK DRIVING LICENCE + access to your own vehicle (to get too and from work, due to location)
- You MUST be over the age of 23 (due to company van insurance policy)
- Be used to driving transit type vans
- Be PC literate, especially within Excel (You do not need to have advanced skills but must be fairly savvy!)
- Be physically fit
- Ideally you will hold a Forklift truck licence (this isn’t essential, as they will train you!)
- Be used to/be happy working within a small team environment
- Due to peak business times no annual leave can be taken in July and September
- There is an office dog on site – so you must be OK with Dogs
- During their peak months you will be expected to work longer hours to help with the workload (Normal office hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday)
Salary up to £25,000 + 20 days holiday + bank holidays
Warehouse / Warehouse Manager / Warehouse Supervisor / Forklift Truck / FLT / Health & Safety / Driver / Deliveries