A relatively new business that’s rapidly growing is looking to recruit an Office Administrator to join their team based in Wargrave.
To be responsible for administrative tasks related to any aspect of the business.
Order processing: Ability to manage orders and process them, using the available tools – company website, credit card payments (PayPal etc) and maintaining records as well as dealing with customer queries/
Management of items:
- Making sure we know what we have, where it is and where it needs to go to
- Making sure each item gets there and confirming delivery with customer
- Updating and keeping updated the database
- Extracting reports for collection and re-delivery as defined and required for operational purposes
- Working with external courier and monitoring collections and deliveries
- Production of all documentation related to this process
- Sourcing and communication with all casual staff
- Processing of ‘extras’ once collection complete
Database Management: making sure we use RSS effectively, producing reports as required, inputting data and keeping it accurate, staying ‘on top’ of visits and interactions and capturing relevant information
Customer database management: keeping tabs on customers and updating customer records (on website) with ‘soft data’ so that we have an accurate record of their likes/dislikes etc
Office filing and management: filing all materials and ad-hoc items for directors; keeping tabs on all systems including IT, telephones and on-line ordering systems
People: Casual personnel recruitment, management and record keeping: ensuring that we have access to the right calibre of personnel around the country as required; keeping records and systems up-to-date; ensuring that we comply with all necessary H&S and other personnel guidelines
Sourcing: researching alternative sources of different products & services (including couriers etc) and reporting back to MD with detailed like-for-like comparisons enabling selection of best source and establishing appropriate trade account relationship with selected entity
Stock: Managing stock levels of all materials and ensuring items are re-ordered when required (in conjunction with Operations Manager)
Standard operating procedures: develop standard format and create SOP’s for different operations. Maintain and update these procedures as required
Electronic filing system: ensure that the business’ electronic filing system (Dropbox) is well managed and ‘tidy’ keeping MD informed of changes
Calendar Management: Managing the annual calendar to record all company activities centrally
Event support: Provide support to conference / exhibition attendance ensuring all materials and information are collated.
- Organised & methodical
- IT literate, particularly in Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new IT practices eg Sales Order Processing system, Kroy Label printer and RSS database management software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and move boxes within agreed Health and Safety limits
Salary up to £25k. Hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
Must be a car driver due to location
Previous experience within a small business preffered. Must be able to multitask and handle pressure well.
Keywords: admin / administrator / administration / office manager